The Mechanical Maintenance Technician is responsible for installing, troubleshooting, and repairing the plant mechanical equipment and production systems involving work of a varied nature.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Perform machinery and equipment repair, use welding tungsten inert Gas (TIG) plasma Arc welding(PAW), sheet metal arc welding and oxy-acetylene welding
• Install beverage machinery and conveyor equipment as well as dismantle, repair, reassemble complex equipment
• Reduce equipment downtime by minimizing Mean Time between Failure (MTBF)
• Increase equipment effectiveness as per agreed targets
• Execute work in a safe, neat and workman like manner
• Advise Maintenance Supervisor and team members of variances from status of daily work schedule, as well as ensure group activities are guided and kept on track in order to achieve maximum
• Follow safety and occupational health procedures and support the Occupational Health & Safety Management Systems and the Environmental Management Systems in accordance with the OHSAS 18001:2007 and ISO 14001:2004 standards respectively
• Ensure working environment are maintained according to GMP House keeping Standards while observing and ensuring adherance to FSSC22000 food safety standards in all areas of the Plant
• Ensure full completion of all records and work orders and submit work orders to your supervisor in a timely manner.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
• Diploma from National Tool Institute in Mechanics or equivalent qualification
• A minimum of 3 years working experience in a related position and 1 year in a plant environment
• Working knowledge of Industrial Mechanical Systems including HVAC’s, Conveyors, Pumps, Filling Machines, Reverse Osmosis Systems, CO2, Systems.
• Knowledge in troubleshooting Mechanical Systems
REQUIRED SKILLS, BEHAVIOURS AND COMPETENCIES:
• Possess knowledge of machinery and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance
• Excellent communication and documentation skills and the ability to work safely with minimal supervision.
• Must be able to work any shift and any work week schedule.
Ability to lift 50lbs.
Interested applicants are invited to send their applications and resumes by
June 29, 2018 to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that only those candidates who meet the required criteria will be contacted.